Teradata Appliance for SAS®
Teradata Appliance for SAS®
In this era of big data, it is a known fact that data volumes continue to grow and organizations are dealing with complex business issues with heightened global competition. Recognizing the importance of near real-time advanced analytics for solving complex business problems is crucial due to the speed of change in the market place which demands the need for making business decisions - faster.
SAS and Teradata empower organizations to solve complex business problems, drive sustainable growth through innovation, and manage change. The Teradata Appliance for SAS enables SAS® in-memory analytics to solve complex business problems that require advanced analytics applied to massive volumes of data for customers who demand answers in near real-time. Together, SAS and Teradata enable customers to develop complex analytical models using complete data – not just a subset – to get accurate and timely insights to make well-informed decisions.
The Teradata Appliance for SAS is integrated with SAS High-Performance Analytics Products, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Visual Statistics and SAS IMSTAT. These SAS in-memory analytics software allows customer to visual large data sets, develop complex data models and apply advanced analytics in a highly scalable, in-memory distributed architecture to maximize performance and minimize processing time.
Optimize your SAS Performance
Learn How to Optimize Your SAS Analytics Performance
Improving SAS performance isn’t about adding new products; it’s about getting more from what you already have. Teradata understands this and has developed proven strategies to help customers do just that. Get more from their existing SAS solutions.
Features & Benefits
Jointly developed from Teradata and SAS, the Teradata Appliance for SAS combines the world's best advanced analytics with the world’s leading data warehouse platform. Our next generation of the Teradata Appliance for SAS has new features that include:
- New Intel chip sets for faster computation needed for advanced analytic
- Increased memory capacity (256 or 512 or 768GB per node) to provide more options and increase ROI
- Max cluster size >600 nodes to handle much larger data footprints and larger number of SAS users
- Incorporate SAS® Managed Server nodes for other SAS traditional software (non in-memory)
In addition, our customers will be able to gain the following benefits:
- Act quickly and confidently - Seize new opportunities, manage large volumes of data and make the right choices
- Expand the use of advanced analytics - Solve very complex problems that could not be solved before
- Gain insights at breakthrough speeds – Make high-value and time-sensitive decision by leveraging in-memory analytics
- Ask and answer new business questions – Apply new insights to your daily operations
- Take full advantage of a highly scalable - Reliable infrastructure that is optimized for big data and complex analytics
Teradata and SAS Address the Challenges of Advanced Business Analytics
A discussion with Teradata and SAS about the top challenges facing today’s business leaders trying to leverage advanced business analytics.